Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

My name is Yassmine Johansen, and I’m a 25-year-old girl from Oslo, Norway with a mixed background of Moroccan and Norwegian.
Ever since I was a kid I’ve had a thousand ideas in my head. When I was 3 years old I refused to go to kinder garden because the man who worked in my kinder garden had long hair. I don’t know what is the most disturbing factor; that I was scared of a man with long hair or the fact that my parents actually let me stay at home. You judge. However, because I didn’t go to kinder garden I spent most of my days as a kid watching the news, putting together muppet shows on my doorstep, drawing and painting. I remember my childhood very well. I can still hear the thoughts I had in my head when I was four years old. I had an amazing imagination and people around me listened even though they didn’t believe it. That’s what you do when a kid tells you a story. You don’t judge them; you just listen and let them dream. Anything else would be cruel, right?
But slowly everyone starts to become cruel to each other. We don’t believe in the dreams we once used to believe in because life doesn’t just give us shiny happy days. We have days of sickness, defeat and loss. Things don’t always go our way. We are growing up, losing faith and spreading fear. A fear that is poisoning our mind in a way which stops us from believing and taking chances like we used to do as kids. Fearless.
Personally I think kids are much smarter than us and that’s why I try not to grow up…not yet at least.

Growing up having all these ideas, sharing them enthusiastically sometimes put me in uncomfortable situations. Some people think my ambitions are too big; some people don’t take me seriously and wants to do other things with me than business…you get the picture, and some people simply insists it is impossible.
As a teenager that got to me a lot of times, leaving me quite depressed and sometimes resulted in me leaving that particular dream.
When I was 21 years old I started to study Music and Media Management in London, which is a business degree that specializes in the entertainment industry. This was the perfect choice for me as I learned equally just as much about business in general, finance and entrepreneurship as well as the different types of contracts in the music and TV/film industry in addition to the fast developing technology that has changed the media industry significantly. You know social media; illegal/legal downloads of music, video clips, movies etc.

Today I work within the social media and in the video game industry when I don’t do research for my business, which is almost always. I barely sleep cause I’m so eager. I think about it all the time. On my journey to succeed big I will take you with me wherever I go. This autumn is going to be very, very exciting. I will not yet reveal what exactly my idea is. Its not like I have invented the wheel, but I got the extra twist of lime…at least I think so…but do you think so? We will see.
I have a couple of interesting trips coming up to meet some very talented and bright people, so stay tuned… and again; WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I want to know what is you 'exciting idea' is!!! I hope you will reveal it soon !

    Good Luck Yass'y! :)

    ReplyDelete