Sunday, September 19, 2010

Work Visas in the US


After reading a bunch of different websites up and down with information on the different work visas I found a website that pretty much covers it all and reads easily. Go here; http://www.h1base.com/

PS! I’m not saying that you should buy the packages that they are offering, but it’s a very informative website which also tells you what you can except in terms of a reject.

I recommend you to carefully study these work visas in addition to the different rules for registering a company in whatever state you are planning to set up a company. If you are setting up your own company and not working for someone else be prepared to show your entire business plan including the financial plan (of course).

Please read more about registering a company here: http://yassminejohansen.blogspot.com/2010/08/smart-us-state-to-corporate-your.html.
Remember; just because you cannot obtain a work Visa does NOT mean that you cant set up a company in the US. It also does not mean that you cannot set up a business account in the US, although it might be a little tricky.
A lot of people thinks that if you cant get a work visa then you cant put up a company and therefore you cannot register a business account. Wrong. If you are having problems getting a work visa at first I suggest you get a company set up in the state that allows you to do so, then do some business from abroad.

The Internet has pretty much revolutionized the whole way of doing business today.
The Internet is breaking rules, making it easier for entrepreneurs establishing and operating internationally.
It depends what industry you are in, but lets say I was selling T-shirts. I wouldn’t have to put up a company in each country to sell it, would I? But I probably would have to put up a website. It is getting harder and harder to refuse people doing business across borders because of the Internet. In my case there are only a few states I can set up a company without going into a partnership with a person with the certificate required. Still even when I have set up my company in one of those states I might not get a work visa, however I can still operate from my company in Europe and through my US company, which in my case is not really Europe, but the INTERNET; it’s a no-mans land. When I go to the US I always bring my laptop (I bring my laptop almost everywhere), and I always work even if I’m on vacation. I don’t care if I’m on Mars or Jupiter as long as I can get online. Is the US government going to put me in jail because I’m on the Internet ¨working¨ in the US WITH a legally registered company IN the US creating more work for the US people? Its always good to be on the safe side, so therefore I am getting that work visa, but in theory it is obviously both legal and illegal to do business in the US without a work visa because of the different rules from state to state and the fact that the Internet is a global platform.

Knowledge is power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment